get involved, become a member...
- Government & Environmental: To monitor federal, state, and local level issues that impact WBIA members.
- Workforce Development: Building a relationship with our educational system and engaging in activities that promote the development of a suitably trained work force.
- Infrastructure: To monitor issues that impact transportation, drainage and efficient delivery of utilities in the Harvey Canal Industrial corridor.
- Membership: To promote WBIA membership and assist with Special Events.
- Special Events: To plan events such as the Crawfish Boil and Golf Tournament to raise funding for the organization.
Available to members:
• Monthly Member Business Meeting & Lunch. Networking begins 30 minutes prior to lunch. $25/member. A general “Welcome” table is available to share business cards/flyer/brochure.
• Ads in The Communique are available. Our newsletter goes out quarterly to our membership and associate organizations. It is also available on our web page. Limited hard copies are mailed.
• Vendor tables at Monthly Business Meeting lunch. Two tables will be available each month. $75/members or $150/non-members.
• Sponsors for Special Events: Crawfish Boil / Golf Tournament / Christmas Open House and others. Each event has different levels of sponsorship. For questions, contact the Chair: Stephen Faucheaux
• Be a Workforce Development company. “I want to hire” starts with a simple step of awareness. Introduce your business to potential employees. WBIA members can be a Business Host for the Career Exploration Tour.
We typically meet on the first Thursday of each month. These monthly meetings are a great way for our members to network, share their product and service information, special events and to keep up to date on issues facing our region. Guest speakers address the group on various topics to inform membership and on occasion, to simply entertain.